Skills and Competency Requirements:
- Develops and implements safety program to prevent or correct unsafe environmental working conditions, utilizing knowledge of industrial processes, mechanics, chemistry, psychology, and industrial health and safety laws: Examines plans and specifications for new machinery or equipment to determine if all safety precautions have been included.
- Determines amount of weight that can be safely placed on per floor.
- Tours construction site to inspect fire and safety equipment, machinery, and facilities to identify and correct potential hazards and ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determines requirements for safety clothing and devices, and designs, builds, and installs, or directs installation of safety devices on machinery.
- Conducts or coordinates safety and first aid training to educate workers about safety policies, laws, and practices.
- Investigates construction/industrial accidents to minimize recurrence and prepares accident reports.
- May conduct air quality tests for presence of harmful gases and vapors.
- Inspects equipment, tools, and working conditions to ensure safety of workers engaged in construction and maintenance of overhead and underground power lines: Inspects safety belts, ladders, ropes, rubber goods, and tools and replaces those not meeting safety requirements.
- Observes crews at work and reports laxity in safety precautions, such as failure to use goggles, rubber gloves, and other safety devices.
- Examines conditions of ditches and tunnels and recommends use of braces to prevent cave-ins endangering workers.
- Investigates accidents to determine causes and devises preventive measures.
- May instruct workers in use of safety equipment and safe work methods.
- With Construction Occupational, Safety and Health Training (COSH) accredited by Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE).
- Knowledge of the National Building Code of the Philippines (RA No. 6541) and Fire Code of the Philippines 2008 (RA No. 9514).
- Knowledge in MS Project.
- Knowledge in MS Office.